Zeiss Atlas 9000 Corneal Topographer
ATLAS 9000 Corneal Topography System
Simply Accurate for Maximum Productivity
- By merging proven Atlas® Placido disk technology with Visante OCT pachymetry, Visante omni now provides comprehensive anterior and posterior topography
- Proven Placido Disk Technology with patented Cone-of-Focus™ Alignment System
- SmartCapture™ Image Analysis Technology analyzes multiple images during alignment and automatically selects the highest quality image
- MasterFit™ II Contact Lens Software helps streamline the fitting of gas permeable (GP) lenses and guides you through difficult and specialty fits
- Data compatibility with previous generation ATLAS Corneal Topography Systems to facilitate data management and patient follow up
Placido Disk Technology with Cone-of-Focus Alignment System
Proven, patented technology
- Patented Cone-of-Focus™ Alignment System and Arc-Step Algorithm deliver sub-micron elevation accuracy
- Using triangulation, the advanced ATLAS Arc-Step algorithm provides reliable surface reconstruction
- 22-ring Placido disk optimized to avoid ring crossover, which means reliable results for a wide range of patients
- Long, comfortable 70 mm working distance minimizes focusing error found in “small cone” systems
SmartCapture Image Analysis
Technology that helps your staff get the right image the first time
- SmartCapture™ analyzes 15 digital images per second during alignment and automatically selects the highest quality image
- Next-generation image processing provides more repeatable, reliable results, even in difficult cases
- Less dependence on operator technique means greater efficiency and fewer repeat exams
Corneal Wavefront Analysis
A valuable tool for patient education and treatment selection
Corneal Wavefront Analysis takes corneal topography to a new dimension. Using ray tracing technology, the Atlas displays higher-order corneal aberrations, providing valuable insight for patient education and treatment planning.
- Educate patients about higher-order aberrations and simulate visual acuity
- Assess corneal refraction with image simulation and point spread function
- Measure corneal spherical aberration with Zernike analysis to optimize the selection of aspheric IOLs
- View the effects of individual higher order corneal aberrations
- View changes in contrast sensitivity through the modulation transfer function (MTF)
Automatic Pupillometry and HVID Measurement
Tools that enhance contact lens fitting and refractive surgery planning
- Pupil size, measured at two levels of illumination (scotopic and photopic @700 nm), provides insight into optical zone under varying light conditions.
- View centration of LASIK or orthokeratology treatment in relation to pupil center to assess treatment effectiveness
- Improve multifocal contact lenses selection by understanding patient’s pupil size at two levels of illumination
- Streamline contact lens selection and fitting with automatic Horizontal Visible Iris Diameter (HVID) measurement
Ideally suited for you and your patients
- Compact, integrated system with powerful computer and analysis software
- Unique chinrest positions patient for easy image capture and wide peripheral coverage and automatically detects OD/OS
- Non-visible Placido ring illumination is comfortable for even the most light-sensitive patients
PathFinder II Corneal Analysis Software
Take the art out of topography analysis
PathFinder II Corneal Analysis Software for the ATLAS Corneal Topography System (Model 9000) is a comprehensive, easy to understand, and reliable anterior topographic screening tool to assist with refractive surgery screening and to help identify abnormal corneal conditions for monitoring and follow-up. Using next-generation analysis technology, PathFinder II provides probabilities for 5 different corneal conditions by comparing topography exams to an extensive clinical database.
1. Comprehensive Clinical Database
PathFinder II features a statistically significant clinical database established from a multicenter clinical study that characterized 5 different corneal conditions including:
- Suspect/clinical keratoconus
- Myopic laser vision correction
- Hyperopic laser vision correction
- Other non-normal conditions such as corneal transplant
2. Sophisticated, Next-Generation Analysis Software
Overcoming limitations inherent in traditional corneal topography, PathFinder II incorporates novel three-dimensional mean curvature analysis, which has been shown to be very sensitive to detecting corneal shape abnormalities such as keratoconus*. An advanced Support Vector Machine algorthim analyzes multiple parameters from the mean curvature map and compares them to PathFinder II’s extensive clinical database.
3. Results You Can Use
You can count on PathFinder II to make topography analysis simple and reliable.
- Validation of PathFinder II with an independent data set demonstrated greater than 90% sensitivity, specificity, and accuracy in detecting normal versus abnormal corneas**.
- Color-coding of PathFinder II parameters quickly indicates which parameters are beyond normal limits any may contribute to specific classifications.
- PathFinder II results may also be tracked over time to monitor changes in probabilities.
* IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2005 Mar;24(3):424-8
** Data on file.
MasterFit Contact Lens Software
MasterFit™ Contact Lens Software helps streamline the fitting of gas permeable (GP) lenses.
Corneal conditions such as asymmetrical astigmatism, a decentered apex, contact lens warpage, and irregular, peripheral and central astigmatism can dramatically affect the way a contact lens behaves on the eye. MasterFit II allows customized fitting of GP lenses according to your own fitting preferences.
- Simulate fluorescein patterns for custom and stock lenses, including spherical, toric, and aspheric designs
- Automatically design lenses to your preferences by customizing fitting options such as desired tear film clearance
- Improve trial lens fitting efficiency by adjusting lens parameters, such as peripheral curves, and simulating lens movement to compensate for lens-to-cornea relationship
- Email lens design and topography exam to your lab for efficient ordering and fulfillment
ATLAS Review Software
Greater productivity through connectivity
ATLAS Review Software is a high-value tool for existing ATLAS Model 993, 995 and 9000 users which allows you to get more out of your ATLAS Corneal Topography System. This new software builds upon the previous ATLAS tools that clinicians have come to trust, while providing a range of added functionality.
- Dynamic remote access to all your corneal topography exam data and patient education tools, such as corneal wavefront simulation
- Increases instrument availability for improved patient workflow
- Equivalent software functionality as the ALTAS Model 9000
- Compatible with ATLAS Models 993 and 995*
*Except for PathFinder II Corneal Analysis Software